This is the official ICAO chart for VFR flights in Germany produced by the German Aviation Authority (DFS -Deutsche Flugsicherung GmbH) – scale 1:500.000
In total the ICAO chart is separated in 8 sheets
It details airspace up to FL100 and contains important information about the actual Airspace Structure and Topography:
- VFR reporting points
- Civil and Military airports with name, location identifier and frequencies, length and orientation of the runway(s), information about Direction Finding (VDF) and location of traffic pattern
- FIS sectors with frequencies
- Fields for hang-gliders, soaring, ULM…
- Parachute descent spots and Free Balloon launch sites
- Radio Navigation beacon information (including VOR, DME, NDB, TACAN and combinations) with name, frequency and Morse code identifier
- Obstacles and elevation figures
- Highways (with name), streets, railways, rivers, woods (with multi-coloring to display forest imprint and shading)
On the backside, you can find a legend with more helpful information, like an overview of the German airspace structure, information about transponder & altimeter settings, ATIS and VOLMET frequencies, light signals and an integrated coordinates ruler.
According to the harmonization of European ICAO Charts the color for the airspace classes C, D and E has been changed into blue. Further on the identifier MSL (Mean Sea Level) has been omitted, and the identifier GND is replaced by AGL (Above Ground Level).
- Scale: 1:500.000
- Format folded: 14,5 x 24cm
- Format chart sheet: 83,5 x 61 cm
- Edition: 2020
- Weight: 48g
Please note: this item is not permanently available – waiting time can take up to 1-2 weeks!