The Garmin D2 (or direct-to) is a pilot watch designed to be as sophisticated in style as it is in function. It’s the first pilot watch to help you in-flight, boasting a high-sensitivity WAAS GPS receiver, altimeter with adjustable baro setting, and 3-axis compass. It has a domed lens to make the screen easy to read in direct sunlight, and a brilliant orange backlight for night flights.
- Fly direct-to or nearest: With D2, you can access our signature Direct-to and Nearest routing with a simple press of a button. D2 has a worldwide airport database so you can fly straight to the airport or waypoint of your choice. Or you can find the nearest airport if you need to land quickly. You can view your route on a moving map display, or follow the HSI to your destination. By setting your own waypoints, you can also easily navigate to any location not included in the database. You can even create Mark on Target waypoints so you can easily reference locations you fly over.
- Customizable displays & timers: The D2 has customizable displays so you can quickly access the data that’s most important to you, including current GPS ground speed, GPS track, distance from waypoints/airports, estimated time enroute, bearing, and glide ratio. D2 shows you local time and Zulu/UTC time, along with up to 4 different time zones. Enable the stopwatch when you land to keep tabs on your “time off,” and set timers with vibrating alerts to remind you of important tasks, like switching fuel tanks.
- Receive flight plans from Garmin pilot: Conveniently build flight plans and create waypoints with Garmin Pilot on your compatible Bluetooth device and easily upload them to D2. Press a few buttons, and you’ll be able to navigate from waypoint-to-waypoint all the way to your destination.
- Control VIRB action cameras: VIRB can capture your flights in stunning HD quality. With a VIRB on your aircraft, you can use D2 to wirelessly start and stop recording, view elapsed time, or tell it when to capture still shots. D2 can even control multiple VIRB Elite cameras at the same time, so you can capture the action from multiple angles.
- Worldwide airport database(s)
- Altimeter with adjustable baro setting
- 3-axis compass with HSI
- Multiple time zones with Zulu/UTC
- Wirelessly receive flight plans from Garmin Pilot™
- The GPS receiver has a nominal operating velocity range of 0 – 800 kts (411 m/s)
Weight & Dimensions
- Dimensions: 1.9″ x 1.9″ x .7″ (4.9 x 4.9 x 1.7 cm)
- Weight: 2.9 oz. (82 g)
- Display size: 1.2″ (3.1 cm) diameter
- Display resolution: 70 x 70 pixels